Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Another World

A lot of people ask me why it takes so long for me to release a new video...besides being lazy and having no time, I think I over complicate my work and get so frustrated with it that I just give up and move onto something else.

My wife and daughter had recently gone on vacation to India for a month and a half. During this time I had vowed to do nothing but produce videos and keep my Youtube site up to date...I meant it too...but when the time came, what did I do? Play video games...yup, that's all I did. Actually, I did produce one video reviewing NES games "Swamp Thing" and "Terminator"...but that's it.

I did actually record footage of several other games like "Big Rigs", "Action 52", and "Mystery Quest" but never bothered getting around to editing them and posting them. I started working on "Big Rigs" but what happened was, I started working on an intro animation for the video (because I can't just post the video as is...I find that it's too boring) and I came across a problem during animation. For some stupid reason, a flash animation I made of a Goomba didn't work properly (I still can't explain why) and because of that, I gave up and never went back to it. See? That's how easy it is for me to give up...sad...

So for now, and I promise to complete it, I'm working on a video that will be kind of a tribute to "Another World" which was known as "Out of this World" in North America. This game is a classic to me. I've had many good times playing this game and making home videos about it several years ago (mostly about all the funny ways you can die).

It's a side scrolling action game (like a retro Tomb Raider almost). It intially came out for the Amiga, Atari and DOS back in 1991 but later was released for other consoles like the Super Nintendo which was the only version I was familiar with at the time. I've only recently played the old DOS version and I actually find the DOS version faster and more enjoyable (aside from the missing action packed music that the SNES version provided).

Anyway, expect this new video in hopefully a weeks time. It's going to be strange and completely random (like all my videos).

1 comment:

Azra Momin said...

Umm, I've no idea what you're talking about, but I sure do like the word Goomba. Can I please call Baby that sometimes?
Goomba, Goomba - so musical!
I'll wait for your 'strange and completely random video' to come out. No, that doen't mean I'll watch it.
I did watch your Spore demo video thingy. It was very Bob Ross-like.
Nice!
No, that doesn't mean I like Bob Ross.
:)