Saturday, May 2, 2015

New Computer and Delays

Okay so, I think it's about time I scrap this archaic computer of mine...I got it built back in 2007 (some parts upgraded since then) but my motherboard and processor are original...so you can imagine in technology terms how dated my system is.  It can't keep up anymore and playing/recording games today is becoming increasingly difficult.  I just spent the last day trying to record different games for this week's "Play it Live!" and have failed miserably.

The first game was going to be Squirreltopia, which is a basic budget 2D side-scrolling platformer and guess what?  Do you think my computer could keep up playing while recording?  NOPE...audio completely out of sync no matter what I did. 

So I went ahead and tried a different game "Qbeh-1" which is a 1st person platformer/puzzle game...looked like it was recording fine but after an hour of playing...video is super choppy but at least the audio was in sync...ARGH.  Waste of time and I'm quite tired of it.

To top all this off I can't even play the frigin $70 GTA V I pre-purchased because my computer can't handle even single player...on 800x600 lowest graphic settings...terrible. 

You know what, though?  After 8 years on a Core 2 Duo, I can say that my computer did very very well considering the circumstances.  I'm satisfied it lasted this long...so this week I'll be upgrading finally BUT I'll have to forgo May's (week 1) episode of "Play it Live!"  Sorry guys, need time to format and reinstall everything.

So stay tuned and hopefully when I come back I'll have increased productivity and no more recording issues.

Here is a picture of...the Walking Dead?

No comments: