Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A Tad Overdue

Sorry everyone (whoever pays attention), I'm over a week late writing a blog post...besides systems problems, I've over complicated my latest video (Play it Live! - Week 4 of March) and therefore put myself considerably behind.

I'm not sure if this week's episode will be up in time.  I'm making this one a little different, just to spice it up a little and make it funnier.  So if I can't make it for Wednesday then expect it either Thursday or Friday...sorry, yet again.

As you may or may not know, I recently formatted my system since my old hard drive decided to die.  So I ended up getting a new SSD as my main...formatted and reinstalled on that.  Like with any reinstallation, I had to reconfigure most of my settings...I thought I backed everything up (including my previous settings prior to formatting) but they didn't take...no idea why.  SO - it has taken me quite some time to reconfigure PlayClaw and my other recording devices to work in a way that doesn't cause audio to desync.  I think I figured it out now so hopefully there will be no more delays so as long as nothing else crashes.

This week's episode also won't be an hour long either...more like 10 minutes but again it's different.  I also fear I may have lost all my Valkyria Chronicles footage...I checked my spare backup drive and for one reason or another, only half of the footage is there...I swore I backed it all up before the crash but apparently not.  I have one last hope I'm going to check tonight so maybe there is still a chance it exists.  Otherwise, I'm not recording all the footage all over again...sorry, Byron.

Anyhoo, other than that...I'm watching the Babylon 5 series all over again.  I've never actually watched the full series before.  It was one of those shows in the 90's that you only watched if Star Trek wasn't on or happened to catch by chance.  I really enjoyed it but if you missed an episode here or there, you'd be lost and would be hard to follow so it never caught on back then.  I watch it now and it's SO much better than I remembered...probably because my mentality has changed considerably since then (believe it or not). 

It's more politics than anything else so if you're not a fan of TALKING then don't watch it lol.  Otherwise, if you do like to use your brain and Star Trek is a program you favored, then I'd give this a go.  G'Kar is my favorite (even though he's not in every episode).

Here is a picture of...yeah:


No comments: