Sunday, May 3, 2009

Another World Video

Sorry it's taking so long to bring out my latest video, I haven't had any time to work on it (again). Sadly, as it is right now, it's only 5 minutes long :\

One of the main reasons it takes so long to bring one out is due to the animations I create. For example, I couldn't find any game sprites for "Another World" or "Out of this World" to use for the animations so I had to create my own sprites. How do I do that? Well, lets say I need to make an animation of Lester running. I record a segment of him running in the game (by using Fraps of Camtasia), import that segment to Premiere and export frame by frame of him running. With each frame I cut out Lester by carefully using Paint Shop Pro's "Magic Wand tool" (that's what it's called) and selecting each and every single pixel (takes awhile). I then paste the cut out Lesters onto transparent backgrounds and import each picture to Adobe Flash. From there I animate the running sequence and export it as an AVI rather than a GIF (that way I can have more control over it...long story). Then I can export it to my project in Premiere and have him run on any type of scene I create.

I've been doing this with almost every character in Another World and it's very tedious work...hopefully this will all pay off and you guys will enjoy it.

I'll probably upload these sprites to some websites (like The ShyGuy Kingdom) so nobody else ever has to spend their time doing this.

Anyway, sorry again for the delay and I hope to have it done sometime soon.

1 comment:

Azra Momin said...

Wow, that sounds complicated! No wonder it takes you so long. But you always get such awesome reviews that it must be all worth it!