Monday, February 2, 2015

Trying Something New

Okay so, besides updating my blog every week, I'm going to try out a new series that I intend to post every week.  Because if it's one thing I haven't been, it's consistent.  So, I'm hoping as of this coming Wednesday (Feb. 4th) I'll have an episode of "Play it Live" released.

What is "Play it Live"?  Well, it's nothing original, I'm not going to pretend I'm making something fresh and new (is that even possible anymore?).  It's just going to be me playing games but playing them live and uneditted.  I guess it's kind of like the "Let's Play" series already out there except my stupid face won't be in the corner of each video.  Now the reason I'm doing this is that I want to be able to have something for you guys every week so you're not waiting years on end for something to watch.  If I keep it simple by playing whatever game with me talking as I'm playing, then that should be easy enough to do once a week. This way it won't seem as long of a wait for the good stuff (ex. like Video Game Deaths & Worst Games).

What games will I be playing?  Here is how I plan to break it up a little..

1st week of the month: I'll play a game that I've NEVER played before that looks like it'll be stupid, so it's completely new for me, I promise I'll never have played it or researched it in advance.

2nd week of the month: I'll play a classic game (in my books) that I'm already familiar with and just want to share with you so I can show you why I love it so much

3rd week: I'll play a game that a viewer asks me to play. It can be good or bad, doesn't matter.  Just leave a comment on one of the videos (that I'll end up making) and if you're lucky (meaning if I  happen to read your comment) then I'll pick that game.

4th week: I'll pick a game at random...could be a game I own but haven't played...could be a game that I just google or look up on steam that's like a dollar.

When it comes to viewer's choice, please don't pick a game that's like "$70" or has a steep price tag on it.  I prefer an older game that you can either emulate (ex. NES, SNES, Atari, Commodore 64, DS, Playstation, Playstation 2, Gameboy, Sega Genesis, Sega Mastersystem, etc. etc.) or a game that's free.  If you pick a game that has a cost associated to it, that doesn't mean I won't pick it, just means I'll less likely be able to pick it...but still, share your thoughts and let me know what I should play.

I already have a game in mind for this Wednesday (I won't say what) and I intend to make a new episode every Wednesday going forward.

I'm not giving up on any other series.  Again, this is just filler to keep you guys occupied while you wait for the better stuff.  I feel bad making you guys wait a month at a time to watch anything.

So expect that in 2 days...oh and I'm on twitter now @Guardiane222...here is a picture of Captain John:


No comments: